Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Blah

havent' written in a while. not that it matters, coz no one has commented yet. :(
oh well.
i think it's so hard to make true friends. I mean, you can make friends who you call once in a while and maybe even hang out together on weekends, but are they your "true" friends ? Will they be there for you when you need them the most ? Will they listen to you without offering excuses to run away ?
I do that. Not run away that is. Anytime my friend calls and she wants to complain about life, her bf, parents or school, I am there for her. I will listen to her even if she calls me in the middle of the night and I am tired and just want to go sleep. I will not hang up or tell her to call me later the next day. I get up and listen and maybe offer her advice if need be or console her or whatever I feel she would need from me.
This should be a 2-way street though. I have a lot of friends who I lend my ear too. But there is no one I can call, middle of the night, and discuss any of my problems with. I could call Jet Li but she ofcourse won't pick up. We've had countless number of arguments over why she does not pick up my phone. Everytime i get the standard answer..."i was busy". How can someone be so busy ? It only takes 5 secs to pick up the phone and say "i'm busy, call me later". Jet will not pick up and if I leave a message, she wont' call back. This goes on for days, until I get tired and finally give her a call hoping she would pick up. Even if she does, God forbid I ask for a justification, coz either I wont' get one or she will just make a joke out of the entire thing.
Think I need new friends ? I don't. I like my friends, but maybe I expect too much. I've learned to expect less, but I still want them to atleast pick up the phone or even just return my message once in while. How about calling me to come over and not cancelling the plan just before I was leaving the house ? How about making a plan to go out and sticking to it ? How about not going out and actually pretending to enjoy and not just looking at the watch or playing with your phone and making me feel as if you are doing me a favour ?
I don't know man. I just feel, with my friends, it's always a give-give-give relationship.
it sucks.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Restless said...

Hey "Musafir",

Thanks for the advice.
Maybe you're right and that Jet Li needs space and time-off from everyone. I'll give her that in the hope that she sorts things out.

I guess that's all I really can do.

Thanks again :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home