Saturday, July 24, 2004

Old or Uncool ?

Yep.  Now that I'm 26, I'm beginnng to wonder whether I'm getting old, or becoming uncool with each passing year, or the dreadful thought, which never occured to me before......whether I'm becoming both - Old & Uncool. O&U. eeeeek.

Why am I thinking this ?

It's coz last week, my cousin invited me to her b'day/graduation party.  She's turned 25 and finished with her law school. Yay for her. No problem there. I am happy for her.  I was busy socializing and mingling with everyone at the party, when I realized that the party was shifting outside. I know some people smoked, so I thought to myself that people were probably going outside for a smoke or get some air.
BUT, no that was not it. These people....guys and girls....probably everyone between the ages of 25 and 28, were smoking marijuana joints. I was kinda taken aback...shocked....and surprised. I knew my cousin smoked once a while, but I wasn't aware of the fact that she smoked joints as well. I had taken along another family friend and her sister. Now her sister is barely 19-20yrs old. This girl had smoked a 4 or 5 joints as well. 
Anyways, when I realized everyone at the party was smoking, I decided to call it an end and leave for home. I was the designated driver that night and sorta felt responsible for taking everyone home safely.
I came home and the next night got thinking. Why didn't I take a joint and smoke up as well? I dont' smoke, but a joint would have been an experience.  Was I snob or have I been brought up to always to do the right thing and not smoke...typical desi ???
I definitely felt proud of the fact that I did not. Actually come to think of it, I did not even have the slightest urge to smoke a joint and smoke up like the others.
I don't think I was being a snob, but was it old age that taught me to think maturely ? or am I just not cool enough ? Afterall, people at the party were also educated....probably held good jobs..bla bla...
hmm...guess i'm not cool after all.

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger The Lone Rangers said...

Nothing wrong with smoking but if you didn't want to it doesnt make you a snob by any means! Just more mature and not succumbing to peer pressure is all. Enjoy 26, appearently you become more uncool later in life! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home